Getting Started With Salesforce
- Go to 'Customers' → 'Integrate with External Service'
- Select 'Salesforce Settings'
- Click 'Connect to Salesforce' and you will be taken to a secure Salesforce page to login
- Select the Salesforce organisation to associate with Client Heartbeat. You will then be redirected back to Client Heartbeat.
- Go to 'Customers' and select 'Salesforce Sync' to start syncing your contact data.
Importing by Company
By default, Client Heartbeat will use this method. We will import all contacts who are part of a company with the type 'Customer - Channel' and 'Customer - Direct'. You may also specify additional company types in Client Heartbeat's 'External Services' settings by adding each type separated by a comma into the 'Company Filters' section.
Please keep in mind this will import all contacts from those companies that have a valid email address. If you would like more precise control over which contacts are imported, consider using custom fields.
Importing By Custom Field
If you want complete control over the contacts imported from SalesForce into Client Heartbeat, we recommend you make use of custom fields within Sales Force.
Get started by creating a custom checkbox titled 'Import To Client Heartbeat' and ensuring it is checked for all contacts you wish to import. Return to Client Heartbeat and select 'Use Import To Client Heartbeat Checkbox' in the 'External Services' settings and we will use the newly created marketing group to import your customers, rather than importing by company.